Email: [email protected]
John B. Swearer graduated from Grinnell College in 1980 and graduated from the University of Kansas School of Law in 1983. He has practiced in Hutchinson, Kansas since 1983. His practice is focused on Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning and the representation of businesses throughout central Kansas.
Mr. Swearer has been active in the community serving in a leadership role for a number of non-profit and civic organizations. He has served as President of the Reno County Historical Society, Past President of the Reno County Chapter of the American Red Cross, Past Executive Committee Member of the Kansas Bar Association, Past Member of the Hutchinson Community Foundation, as well as serving on other civic boards and committees.
Mr. Swearer currently serves on the Kansas Bar Foundation Board of Trustees and he is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Hutchinson Community College Endowment Association.
Principal Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- University of Kansas (J.D.,1983)
- Grinnell College (B.A.,1980)
Professional Memberships, Affiliations and Honors
- Reno County Bar Association, President, 2010
- Kansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, Kansas Bar Foundation
- Member, Board of Trustees, Hutchinson Community College Endowment Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Hutchinson Regional Medical Center
- Past Member and Treasurer, Board of Directors, Hutchinson/Reno County Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member and President, Board of Directors, Reno County Historical Society
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Hutchinson/Reno County Community Foundation
- Past Member and Chairman, Board of Directors, Reno County Chapter of American Red Cross
- Past Member, Hutchinson Community Foundation
- Past Member, Executive Committee, Kansas Bar Association