Martindell represents individuals and companies in virtually every aspect of employment law. Our employment practice reflects Martindell's strong and innovative litigation capacity. We vigorously advocate for our clients in employment-related claims before federal and state courts, federal and state agencies, and arbitration panels. Martindell also provides advice and counseling to clients before problems emerge, helping to develop policies and procedures that limit workplace disputes and reduce exposure to costly litigation.
Our employment practice includes:
- Employment Discrimination, including Race, Sex, Age, and Religious Discrimination
- Disability Rights
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Claims and other Fair Labor Standards Act Violations
- Severance Packages and Employment Releases
- Employee Leaves, including Family and Medical Leave Act
- ERISA Counseling and Litigation
- Independent Contractors and Contingent Workers
- Substance Abuse and Drug Testing
- Employee Privacy
- Threats of Violence in the Workplace
- Restrictive Covenants and Non-Compete Agreements
- Employee Raiding and Defection
- Employment Torts
- Reductions in Force
- Policy and Handbook Reviews
- Assistance with Employee Discipline and Discharge
- Employment Contracts
- Executive Compensation and Stock Option Agreements
- Design and Implement Alternative Dispute Resolution Programs
Martindell provides in-house seminars for its employment clients, including training targeted to managers or supervisors regarding employment practices and personnel issues. Martindell also keeps its clients informed through timely alerts on important developments in employment law that may affect their businesses.
Our attorneys that practice in this area are S. Eric Steinle, Jerry L. Ricksecker, and Carole DeWald.